Rolando DY will return to the Octagon on 23 September when meets seasoned Japanese featherweight Teruto Ishihara (9-4-2) at UFC Fight Night 117 on 23 Sept.
One of the most highly-rated MMA fighters in the Philippines and Southeast Asia, Dy signed with UFC earlier this year and made his UFC debut in Singapore against veteran featherweight Alex Caceres. His UFC debut had all the makings of a barn burner, but in the end, Caceres served up a barrage of strikes and leg kicks to slow DY’s momentum. The bout was eventually stopped by the referee after an accidental eye poke left the Filipino unable to continue.
Teruto Ishihara comes to the bout having lost his two previous UFC bouts, most recently against Gray Maynard at The Ultimate Fighter 25 Finale in July.
UFC Japan line-up includes:
· Mauricio Rua vs. Ovince Saint Preux
· Naoki Inoue vs. Jenel Lausa
· Ulka Sasaki vs. Jussier Formiga
· Syuri Kondo vs. Chan Mi-Jeon
· Gokhan Saki vs. Luiz Henrique De Silva
· Daichi Abe vs. Hyun Gyu Lim
· Rolando DY vs Teruto Ishihara